||High School English Language Arts Teacher
||Henry Ford Academy - Dearborn, MI
|Job Description||SUMMARY OF PURPOSE
Teacher shall perform all duties as assigned by the Academy, adhere to all Academy policies and procedures as may be in effect at any time during Teacher’s employment, and comply with all requirements of Michigan, federal and other applicable law with respect to the Academy’s operations and/or Teacher’s performance of his/her duties. Teacher’s duties shall include, but shall not be limited to, the following:
1. Develop and implement instructional programs in Teacher’s area(s) of expertise and qualifications, in accordance with the program as established or approved by the Academy.
2. Participate in cooperative efforts among teachers, staff and students with regard to curriculum, extra-curricular, and other activities.
3. Maintain appropriate student discipline and appropriate conduct.
4. Apply approved techniques for the ongoing assessment of student learning.
5. Attend staff and committee meetings.
6. Attend parent-teacher conferences, IEPC’s, and other professionally related meetings.
7. Continuously develop and revise area of study, student materials, and other methods of instruction consistent with the Academy’s missions.
8. Attend extra-curricular activities, as well as field trips and other off-site activities, as required by the Academy.
9. Conduct and carry out all other duties and obligations determined by the Academy as being necessary to facilitate its mission, goals and standards.
Physical: Sitting: 30%, Standing: 70%
Lifting: 20 lbs.
Vision: Able to use computer throughout the school day.
Mental: Self-motivated, multi-tasking ability; able to stay focused in a distracting, noisy environment; ability to work with people in a positive manner; able to keep sensitive information confidential; able to respond effectively and maintain a calm environment in emergencies.
Environment: Very active high school with two campuses in a unique vibrant Museum and historical Village setting.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; ability to work with people in a positive manner with a high level of interpersonal skills is essential. Three years of previous teaching experience at the secondary level is preferred.
Teacher must provide proof that he/she is certified by the Michigan Department of Education to teach high school/secondary classes in their area of certification. Teacher will obtain references from his/her current and former employees, which shall include the authorization of same to disclose any instances of unprofessional conduct, as required by Michigan law. Teacher’s employment (or continued employment) is conditioned upon the Academy’s satisfaction with the outcome of these reference checks. Teacher further understands that the Academy must, pursuant to Michigan law, conduct criminal history checks of Teacher, and that Teacher’s employment (or continued employment) is conditioned upon the Academy’s satisfaction with the outcome of these history checks.
Experience in a school setting with students and parents from diverse backgrounds. Proven organizational and problem-solving skills; excellent interpersonal skills; keen attention to detail; high level of relationship building skills.