||Part-time (30 hours/week)
||Henry Ford Academy: School for Creative Studies - Detroit, MI
||SUMMARY OF PURPOSE:
Responsible for the safety and well being of students, staff and school facilities and assets.
· Supervise and monitor the interior and exterior of the HFA: SCS portion of the A. Alfred Taubman Center for Design Education before, during and after school to ensure the safety and welfare of students and staff and to ensure the security of school facilities and assets. May supervise student detentions, including but not limited to, in-school suspension. Provide crowd control in hallways, passing periods, parking lots, cafeteria and/or other gathering spaces and intercede on fights and other disturbances.
· Maintain familiarity with and enforce Student Code of Conduct and other school rules and regulations. Administer warnings to students and refer them to building administrators for disciplinary action. Communicate with students to discuss altercations, behavior and/or progress; to mentor and/or counsel at-risk students; and to provide reinforcement of expected behavior.
· Watch for disturbances, fights, unauthorized visitors, or criminal activity. Assess danger and calls for assistance if necessary. Intervene to halt or prevent fights, disturbances or other incidents and diffuse threatening or confrontational situations between students and others. Help to ensure order is restored and students unharmed. Investigate a variety of student incidences, including fights, thefts, weapons and substance abuse.
· Escort students to and from the office for disciplinary reasons and escort unauthorized personnel from the school as needed.
· Assist administrators with tornado drills, fire drills, evacuation drills, and bomb threats. Assist in carrying out Emergency Response Plans in the event of an actual crisis.
· Electronically maintain accurate and complete security records pertaining to discipline warnings, parking control and criminal events.
· Assist College for Creative Studies Security Officers and law enforcement when requested.
· Attend ongoing training to maintain skills in safety practices.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Dean of Students
High school diploma or equivalent; Associate Degree or higher appreciated. Demonstrated experience working with students and/or security-type work.
Physical: Sitting: 30%, Standing/walking: 70%
Lifting: Not significant
Vision: Able to work on desktop and laptop computers, and read written material
Mental: Able to handle various projects with deadlines and work with a variety of other people
Environment: Highly visible school with wide range of people present will require flexibility, patience, creative use of shared space; personal work station for responsibilities
Creative Urban Education is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, marital status, height, weight, age, unrelated disability or other legally protected status.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter online at www.hfli.org/somethingbigger