HFLI offers the following as resources to teachers – experienced and new – who are curious about our approach to teaching and learning:
Community Partner Planning Form
A tool for effectively incorporating partners in learning.
Learning Management Strategies Manual (7.3MB)
A collection of time-tested strategies developed by effective teachers to organize the learning environment in their classes so that students are focused, engaged and productive.
- The Art of Innovation by Tom Kelly.
- The Ten Faces of Innovation by Tom Kelly.
- Change by Design by Tim Brown.
- Bringing Innovation to School by Suzie Boss.
- Invention by Design by Henry Petroski.
- The Third Teacher by Cannon Design, VS Furniture and Bruce Mau Design.
- Design as a Catalyst for Learning by Meredith Davis, Peter Hawley, Bernard McMullan, and Gertrude Spilka.
- A Designer's Research Manual by Jenn and Ken Viscocky O'Grady.
- Design Research Methods and Perspectives by Brenda Laurel.
- Universal Principles of Design by William Lidwell, Kritina Holden, and Jill Butler.
- Design Management - Managing Design Strategy, Process and Implementation by Kathryn Best.
- Innovation Nation by John Kao.
- The Myths of Innovation by Scott Berkum.
- Harvard Business Review
- Fast Company
(Note: The use of Amazon links is for convenience, it is not an endorsement of the company or the commercial website)