Henry Ford Learning Institute believes that education is the critical factor in determining economic success. For individuals -- and for the entire community. Nowhere in America is the educational opportunity gap greater than in America's urban centers where HFLI focuses its work.
Our vision is a future where public education becomes a truly public endeavor. We work to make that vision a reality by:
- Creating and sustaining public schools
- Preparing all Henry Ford Academy students for college and career success
- Modeling a different kind of teaching and learning, one that removes boundaries between learning and the real world
- Engaging community members as partners in learning
- Sharing hands-on learning programs and services that support design thinking as a process that leads to innovation and creativity
- Leveraging underutilized local resources
- Amplifying the urgency for innovation in education
Henry Ford Learning Institute: In the Media
In its article, "The Big Picture: Charter School Children Find Opportunities Through Art,
" Grand Valley State University Magazine
highlights an amazing partnership that brings together middle and high school students from Henry Ford Academy: School for Creative Studies with renowned muralist Hubert Massey. “Being at HFA: SCS and working on this mural gives me a big piece to show in my portfolio, and that’s something hardly anyone else will have when they’re applying to get into art or design colleges,” said Jaylen Tate-Lucas, a 10th grader. GVSU is the school's authorizer.